Salary 96000 - 110000 MYR
Number of positions to fill : 1
Reference number : 8999
Length of employment
Years exp required
Education worked for UK Education Sysytem
We have an immediate opportunity for a senior international education professional to join in Kuala Lumpur. The position will work to support the promotion of the University of York (UK) in the Southeast Asia region, across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Brunei and Indonesia.
The Manager Southeast Asia is dedicated to working with the University of York and will provide regional leadership and direction for the University’s new Southeast Asia office and will be line managing a junior member of staff. The role will assist with high volume, complex recruitment management and an agenda of activities spanning recruitment, profile building, relationship management, promotion, agent management and partnership development. This position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with international customers. Significant travel required (40%).
• Five to seven years’ experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
• Knowledgeable about the UK education system and an understanding of the quality drivers in higher education.
• Understanding and/or experience of working with research-intensive institutions such as the Russell Group, Group of 8 or the Ivy League institutions is a plus.
• Experience of working across countries in the Southeast Asia region desirable.
• Experience of managing teams is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Master’s preferred.
• Strong English fluency.
• Proficient in business writing.
• Able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
• Study or experience abroad strongly preferred.
Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence and drive to succeed.
Computer literate with a good knowledge of databases.